Have you noticed I make a lot of cookies? No? First time here huh?
Well. I was in the mood for something a bit more...savory... but still on the sweet side.
I had no idea how easy they were to make!! And so, so, so good.
You will need:
1 7 oz. jar marshmallow creme
1/2 tsp. almond extract
3 cups powder sugar
1 14 oz bag caramels
2 cups salted nuts
Wax or parchment paper
1. Put marshmallow creme, extract, and powder sugar in a bowl and combine with your hands. This can take a few minutes! The dough will be very stiff.
2. Divide into 6-10 pieces depending on how big you want your nut roll to be, then roll into the cylinder shape.
3. Wrap each cylinder in wax paper and place in freezer for at least 2 hours.
4. Melt caramels in microwave for about three minutes, removing to stir at 30 second intervals. Make sure they are completely melted.
5. Place salted peanuts (or whatever variety you would prefer) on baking sheet.
6. Remove rolls from freezer, then dip into caramel and coat completely. Try not to use your fingers! This gets really messy if you do... you can use two forks to dip and remove.
7. Place caramel covered roll onto salted nuts and cover completely.
8. Transfer nut covered roll onto wax paper, then store in the refrigerator! (they should be good for a last a month in the fridge, but who am I kidding. We are lucky if these make it 2 days in our house)
*Adapted from a recipe by Athena Hessong